Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Harry Potter -- The saga ends

I have to admit it. Along with my sister, I was one of those many people who bought books 5 and 6 on day 1. For the first time since the series came out, my sister and I were in different cities, so could not buy 1 book on 1st day. The solution was therefore obvious....2 books for two people!
Well, I managed to start the book only on early sunday morning, but had managed to finish it off before noon! And I have to say, I felt handily vindicated by the book. It is no longer children's fantasy, now definitely in the young adult category; but that in no way means that it was bad. Sure, it was a VERY standard fantasy ending...but heck, i like standard endings.
While it would have been very poetic for Harry and Voldemort to die together, I much prefer it this way, where the hero gets to live!
All in all, nice book...though there were no Quidditch descriptions. Ah well, you can't have everything.
Well, now that the saga is ended, it looks like Bloomsburry is going to have some serious worrying about future cash flows to do!

No comments: