Sunday, July 15, 2007

Mumbhai!

I was in Mumbai on Friday and Saturday for NIMITT 2007, SP Jain's management fest. First off, a compliment...a brilliantly organized event, with some wonderful hospitality displayed by the gentlemen and ladies of SP Jain. They did a spectacular job indeed, and deserve every accolade that they are going to get.
But the city itself! I have to admit, I was not a big fan of the place. But like a skin disease, the city grows on you! Now, I have to say, I really love the city. Sure, it has lots of warts, and the lousy traffic is nothing to write home about, unless you want to write a horror story; but the life in the city, and not last, Marine Drive itself makes for a place that is simply awesome.
It helps that I met friends whom I had not met for some time, and spent a couple of very enjoyable days as well. All in all, a wonderful weekend.
So, anyone who wants to hire me....remember, a job in Mumbai would be good. Of course, I would also appreciate a pay package that lets me live the life I want in Mumbai! :D

1 comment:

blogerazzi said...

me too!!! If you move, i also intend to appreciate the pay package that lets you live in bombay the way you want to.